Performing a Criminal Background Check This is the first line of defense for your business or organization.
By viewing someone’s criminal record, you can determine if they are honest, reliable, and trustworthy. Those who have a record you find disagreeable can be removed from consideration, protecting yourself, your business, and your employees. A background check allows you to identify risky hires, protect your organization, and provide your employees with a safe working environment.
Ordering a Thorough Criminal Background Check
It can be difficult to get a full view of a potential employee’s background. There are thousands of courts in the U.S., and there is no single uniform method of recording the cases that pass through each one. A criminal background check requires a dedicated team of researchers to look at all of these jurisdictions and provide you with the information you need to determine if an applicant is a safe hire for you. Furthermore, you get an exceptional service when you select USAFact to complete your criminal background checks. Benefits include:
- Detailed background checks. Information reported to you can include probation discharges, outstanding warrants, results from sex offender registry searches, and a DUI history, among other items that may be criminally relevant and thus may be critical to ensuring safety to your company and employees.
- In instances where criminal records are returned with discrepancies, USAFact takes extra care to complete additional research to provide accurate results. We verify information such as the date of birth, the middle name, and even the applicant’s address history. This detailed information ensures that even discrepancies that the applicant is unaware of are noted and addressed.
- In many cases, we contact the court clerks directly to obtain copies of criminal records.
- We provide all information to you in an easy-to-understand and legible format.
With USAFact, you know you are getting great information to help you make informed hiring choices.
When you select USAFact as your background check partner, you can rest assured you’re getting the most detailed criminal check possible. Our team will search databases across the country for the applicant’s name, including any aliases, and birthdate. Our search will return items such as the following:
- Outstanding warrants
- Any legally reportable convictions
- Pending cases where permissible
USAFact can deliver these detailed background checks, all while adhering to federal and state laws, including:
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) dictates federal law related to conducting background checks. USAFact strictly adheres to the FCRA, which ensures that we are compliant at the federal level. In following the Act, we are diligent about investigating disputed information and performing all legal obligations we have as a consumer reporting agency.
- Consumer rights related to background checks, as dictated by the Federal Trade Commission.
- This means that we will only look for information that is legal to view. Information that is illegal to be requested of job applicants – such as medical information, race, gender, religion, and age, among others – will not be included. This will save your company from unintentionally discriminating against potential employees.
- Individual state laws. We understand that state-level regulations vary from one state to another, and our professionals are well versed in how to strictly adhere to these individual state laws. When you choose USAFact, you can rest assured that you are making the best possible hiring decisions based on legally reportable information. This action is one of the best ways to protect your business and future employees.
At USAFact, we understand that you have many options to turn to for completing criminal background checks for potential employees. USAFact has been in business for over 40 years, providing our expert team with experienced training you can trust. We excel at understanding legal obligations and maintaining compliance which ensures your company also remains compliant. When you partner with USAFact, you can be sure to get the best possible service for completing criminal background checks. We are diligent and understand our responsibility for upholding consumer rights and the rights of companies who are currently looking to hire the best possible candidates. With this information in hand, you will be able to determine whether or not an applicant is right for your team. Contact us
today for more information or if you have any questions. Or for more information on all types of background screenings go to our background check page